The University of Cincinnati is excited to provide scholarship opportunities that reward your achievements and assist you in meeting your college costs. More detailed information for these key campus-wide programs is available through the links in each paragraph. Additional information is available on the scholarship chart and from the Scholarship & New Student Financial Aid Center (firstname.lastname@example.org; 513-556-2420).
Transfer & Transition Student Scholarships
UC Transfer Scholarships
For consideration, community college students need to have completed their associate degree within two years of their planned enrollment at UC and be transferring directly from a degree-granting community college to a UC bachelor's degree program.
UC offers several transfer student opportunities as well as a scholarship opportunity for transition students from our regional campuses.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships - Up to four $6,000 annual scholarships for members of the community college honor society Phi Theta Kappa who graduate with a 3.75 cumulative grade-point-average.
- UC Community College Transfer Scholarships - Up to fifty $2,100 annual scholarship for graduates of two-year programs who have a GPA of at 3.25 or higher.
- Cincinnati Pathways Scholarships - Cincinnati State associate degree graduates with a 3.5 GPA who are admitted through the Pathways program will be awarded a $2,100 annual scholarship.
- Sinclair Pathways Scholarships - Up to twelve Sinclair associate degree graduates with a 3.25 GPA will be awarded a $2,100 annual scholarship.
- UC Blue Ash & UC Clermont Transition Scholarships - Up to twelve $2,100 annual scholarships will be awarded to high achieving students with a minimum 3.50 grade point average transitioning to a UC four-year program on the Uptown campus following their associate degree completion.
Application Deadline & Renewal
For maximum consideration, community college transfer students must have their admission application and transcript information submitted to UC by April 30th.
Transfer scholarships can be received over four full-time, in-class semesters (equivalent to the two years generally required for community college transfer students to complete their bachelor’s degree) assuming the student is enrolled full-time at UC, makes satisfactory academic progress and earns at least a 3.2 GPA.
Incoming transfer students must have a complete admission application (including required transcripts and test scores) by April 30th for UC scholarship consideration.
Incoming freshmen, transfers and continuing students can explore UC and other scholarship opportunities using our scholarship search tool located on the top navigation bar throughout this site.
UC academic programs list their scholarship options. As well, many outside agencies provide UC with scholarship information that we, in turn, make available to you. Please use this search tool routinely as new scholarships are posted as information becomes available.
Search tools on non-UC websites including www.fastweb.com can provide additional scholarship options. Students are always cautioned from paying to apply for or receive scholarship information.